Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Quickie Organization: Christmas Goods



I packed up my Christmas goods last week. Yes, last week- I know, I kept them up far too long. But I just love the Christmas season! And it may have been a little bit of business/laziness... ;)


Here's how I packed it all:
  • I did my best to fit everything in one big box (I'm sure this will change as we grow our Christmas collection and move to a bigger space, but for now it works) to avoid mad-searching for decorations next year
  • I took down all my decorations and laid them out on my couch. I separated them into categories:
    -tabletop decorations
    -tree decorations/ornaments
    -lights
    -gift wrapping/cards
  • Then I separated them into further categories, if need be. i.e. for the ornaments, my collection of Barbie ornaments, Nick's ornaments, Ball ornaments...
  • For each category, I found a small box or bag that fit the items, divided them up, sealed and labeled them. {I made sure this all fit in the big box before hand}
  • These were all neatly stacked in the big box, along with the few items (like my little silver Christmas tree) that didn't fit in another box. Everything fit nice and snug!
  • The box was labeled and stored away in a closet for next year.
It was bittersweet to pack it all away, but it was a fun mini organization project for the New Year's resolution.

One last look:

From this-

To this-


xoxo K.

No comments:

Post a Comment